Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar Panal info req for domestic use

David Hansen wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:16:18 +0000 someone who may be The Natural
Philosopher wrote this:-

No solar collector needs direct sunlight to proiduce useable heat. In
pathetically small quantities.

As opposed to merely *rather* pathetically small quantities.

Yawn.

Meanwhile those with an open mind heat nearly all their hot water in
summer with the panels you appear to despise so much, produce a
significant proportion of it in spring and summer and produce some
of it in winter. No doubt you would claim that they are all
imagining this hot water.

Not at all. we were not talking about summer.

When I spend all of what - 20 quid on hot water?

Frankly, its the least of my outgoings.