Posted to alt.home.repair
John61 John61 is offline

Default renovation install - door first or flooring

Good advice from both. Thanks.

I preferred flooring first, as I don't want my new door got hurt when moving
flooring stuff inside. I'll make good wrap around.

It can probably go either way, but typically exterior doors go in
before flooring (this is the way it always is in new construction).
This way, the new floor can butt into the door threshold. If you put
the floor first, how will you know where the door threshold is going
to be precisely? Laminate is not a good choice in an entry IMO unless
you find some that is resistent to water. The particle board based
products will swell and be ruined with only small exposure to water.
Vinyl would be OK. Tile would be best.