Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default Question furnace inducer motor

wrote in message
Sorry for my stupidity but I recently received notice from Carrier
that I may be entitled to benefits in a class action suit if I have a
specific model and IF I had work any repairs done to a secondary or
condensing heat exchanger. When I first bought my house I had the
furnace cleaned and the company found that my furnance, the correct
model for the suit, needed a new inducer motor and wheel. My
question... finally... is are these two things the same thing: the
heat exchanger and the inducer motor???? If so, I am a happy camper
because it says I will recoup my costs up to $270 and since it cost
about $250 that means (I hope!) that I win!! Thanks for any help you
can offer.

Don't be sorry--the heat exchanger is in the hot section of the furnace,
The inducer motor handles the air entering the furnace. Obviously, they are
not related and unless you paid for a heat exchanger, forget it.
MLD