Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Adding a combination device

If the UV thingy is portable, why not use the plug to turn it off and on?

"C & E" wrote in message
Out cabin is a 3 y.o. double wide where I'm adding a UV purifier. Since
we're not there 95% of the time there's no point in leaving it on so I'd
like to add a switch. The logical electrical tie-in is the recepticle for
the washing machine. I was thinkng of replacing the washer's recepticle
with a recp/ switch combo device. There's no washing machine installed
but that doesn't mean that this is acceptable. So, I'm reasoning that I
should tap off the washer recep and install another box for the switch to
control the UV light. Does the latter sound most reasonable, not to
mention more likely code compliant?