Posted to alt.home.repair
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default Cutting Stucco/metal flange on a sliding door.

wrote in message
On 27 jan, 18:52, "Cubby" wrote:
Hiya Folks,
I'm getting ready to remove an existing metal sliding glass door and
replacing it with patio doors. I have stucco sitting on top of the sliding
door flange (exterior). I was planning to cut through the stucco and
through the metal flange to minimize damage to the stucco. I have both a
grinder and circular saw. What sort of grinding wheel or saw blade would
you recommend for this? I could use a masonry to cut the stucco then come
back with a metal cutting blade/disc but was hoping there was one
blade/disc
that would do both of them in one shot. Thanks for any inputs.
cc

a diamond disk will do it but is expensive

Certainly does not have to be expensive!!
The diamond disk at Harbor Freight
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46152 is
less than $ 3 per.

I used one of these disks on my grinder to cut 24 feet of stucco. After
that I gave the disk to my daughter and she scored at least 100 paving
stones before the disk got dull. Certainly a great value.

Ivan Vegvary