Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E[_2_] C & E[_2_] is offline

Default Adding a combination device

Out cabin is a 3 y.o. double wide where I'm adding a UV purifier. Since
we're not there 95% of the time there's no point in leaving it on so I'd
like to add a switch. The logical electrical tie-in is the recepticle for
the washing machine. I was thinkng of replacing the washer's recepticle
with a recp/ switch combo device. There's no washing machine installed but
that doesn't mean that this is acceptable. So, I'm reasoning that I should
tap off the washer recep and install another box for the switch to control
the UV light. Does the latter sound most reasonable, not to mention more
likely code compliant?