Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Toshiba 20" TV DVD

Arfa Daily wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

Toshiba is legally obligated to provide repair parts for several years
after
a product is discontinued.

Many manufacturers won't or can't supply parts such as replacement decks,
even when the unit is in warranty. With integrated units, even if they are
prepared to supply the parts, the cost is often so prohibitive as to render
the unit BER. To the OP. Does the unit play anything ie CDs. If not, is the
laser 'home' ? Does the loading sequence complete correctly ? Can you see
the laser burning ? Does focus search take place ? Does the disc spin up ?
There could be lots of (easily fixable) reasons why it's not playing, as
well as some that are not so readily resolved.

Arfa

Also, one unit I looked at was using a conventional Laptop type DVD
player/burner in it. Which means the whole deck is replaceable..

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT
THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"