Posted to rec.woodworking
yugami yugami is offline

Default Workbench Lumber

On Jan 27, 1:19 pm, Fred the Red Shirt
wrote:
On Jan 26, 9:38 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:

"yugami" wrote in message

While the woodcraft ones are of a different class theIkeaones are 30
Bucks for some sizes.
Not too shabby. Put some 3/4" ply under that and you should have a
nice rigid top.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40091673

This is the one I was thinking of, about 25 x 50 for $89.00, for some reason
I remembered it being more like $50 but apparently that's for the 15" deep
version which is too small for my purposes.

While on that page, select 'oak' and zoom in on it.

Doesn't look like oak to me--looks more like stained rubber wood
or ramin. The beech does look like beech.

After selecting oak the page does claim that it is solid Oak.

product description & measurements
Solid oak, Oil

I would guess that if it wasn't solid oak that they would be sued.
IKEA would make a pretty big target for false claims lawsuits