Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
axolotl axolotl is offline

Default Retraining

Ed Huntress wrote:

Ha! Wait until she's ready for college. A friend of mine put his daughter
into a performing arts college in Boston and they had to do auditions at 13
schools in the process. He was driving around like a madman for months. It
is *not* like applying for regular colleges.

On the other hand, it could be tougher. She might want to work in a foundry.

We are starting the selection. Being a practical child, she feels that
teaching music/theater is a better employment bet than performing. That
means we have to find an education/dance/music/theater college. That is
way outside my area of expertise.

But- she really liked the casting demos at Cabin Fever. And there's
probably a quota for female foundry workers.

Kevin Gallimore