Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Retraining

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. net...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
snip
You're just looking for something or someone to blame, Tom. The course of
technological advance wouldn't go backwards because employees got better.

--
Ed Huntress

Blame? Hell, I want to THANK someone! Until somewhat recently the
technology payback was too far out. I'd love to see my business have
nothing but an office and a shipping clerk.

Of course! And that's the reason manufacturing jobs are now paying
$0.80/hour -- in China. All the people who were paying wages in the US never
really wanted to, anyway, and now they've found a good reason not to. So
what's your gripe? You got what you asked for, right?

The other consideration is that US corporate taxes are 35%!!! Why do
anything under those rates when it's much more attractive overseas?

When are you moving? d8-)

Patriotic duty? ...a good way to get crushed. Why should anybody invest
in the US?

The Europeans are flipping over the low cost of manufacturing in the US and
they're buying up all of the manufacturing here they can get their hands on.
Why are you having a problem?

Just who is it you're competing with, anyway?

There seems to be a move to punish anybody that could create jobs and
wealth. I think it's a conspiracy concocted by the dairy industry to
mandate that the Government has to give everybody a block of cheese every
month.

Tom, the US has the lowest taxes, or the second-lowest taxes overall, of any
country in the OECD (developed countries). I think you've picked the wrong
target.

--
Ed Huntress