Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retraining

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
snip
You're just looking for something or someone to blame, Tom. The course of
technological advance wouldn't go backwards because employees got better.

--
Ed Huntress

Blame? Hell, I want to THANK someone! Until somewhat recently the technology
payback was too far out. I'd love to see my business have nothing but an office
and a shipping clerk. The other consideration is that US corporate taxes are
35%!!! Why do anything under those rates when it's much more attractive
overseas? Patriotic duty? ...a good way to get crushed. Why should anybody
invest in the US? There seems to be a move to punish anybody that could create
jobs and wealth. I think it's a conspiracy concocted by the dairy industry to
mandate that the Government has to give everybody a block of cheese every month.