Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Lead linked to aging in older brains

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:34:21 GMT, Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Louis Ohland" wrote: (clip) Al Gore saying that the scientists that do not
agree with his pet theory
are "deniers", like the holocaust deniers. Bad science does not mean I or
anyone else must suspend our disbelief. (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What about good science? Would you suspoend your disbelief if Al Gore's
"pet theory" were supported by good science? Well, it is. Open your eyes.
It is not just Al Gores pet theory--it's supported by virtually all of the
scientific community.

It's funny, when people express interest in the actual science behind
global warming, how often the response is vague just like yours. I've
asked for credible cites before and been told "Look anywhere, it's all
around you". I've been pointed to specific ones and they were so
full-on rant-mode biased sites I couldn't possibly take them seriously.

When one's cause can only be represented by raving lunatics (let's call
it the Ron Paul rule), that cause, valid or not, is perceived as being
less credible than it might be.