jim rozen

Default New Chinese mill vs old high quality mill

In article , Richard J Kinch
says...

Yes, we've all seen that, but: do you have actual experience with PTFE
cold flowing in the low pressures of a machine way?

No. I've attempted to use teflon for small bearings, with
poor results.

Another reason to stay away from pure teflon is, it is very
tough to bond it using any regular adhesives.

Probably most commercial engineering polymers will show
mechanical properties somewhat similar to teflon, though
not the friction co-efficients, obviously.

My best guess would be to use teflon-loaded delrin
available inexpensively from mcmcaster carr. It will
exhibit pretty much the same slide characteristics
as pure teflon, but will not cold flow.

Jim

please reply to: