Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Solar Panal info req for domestic use

On 2008-01-27 10:33:03 +0000, David Hansen
said:

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:00:25 +0000 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

Televisions and kitchens are not sold on the basis of a payback
period. Solar panels, to a great extent are.

Nice try, but incorrect.

Really?

Do tell.

You mean that they are sold as roof decorations?

If it's not feel good or look good and isn't payback, it doesn't really
leave a lot, does it?

I think you may have missed out something from the list? There is club
membership. I suppose it comes partly under the feel good category. Club
membership, is equivalent to something like "I feel good, because I'm
part of a group who let each other know that they are part of something
_different_.". If they can also raise their status in the eyes of others
by doing something _different_.

A solar assisted hot water system can easily save it's material, running
and maintenance, resource costs - the problem is that in a post
industrial economy it can't, at present, save it's installation cost.