Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Would a humidity sensor and fan be a good idea when putting a new bathroom in?

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:09:41 GMT someone who may be "Bertie Doe"
wrote this:-

There is much to be said for opening windows to let steam out.

Agh, thanks David, I didn't spot the window ref, in my earlier post. Ok, if
an extractor is fitted, you won't necessarily need an inlet vent/duct

I don't think so. Far better to have an air inlet on the opposite
side of the room.

- you
could always open the window a crack, when the extractor is on.

Fan and window could well be side by side. The windows is going to
be in an exterior wall and it is a good idea to vent the fan through
the wall if possible. This means both are likely to end up on the
same wall. Depending on circumstances one approach is to have the
fan on while having a shower or bath and then turn it off and open
the window.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh