Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Would a humidity sensor and fan be a good idea when putting a new bathroom in?

In uk.d-i-y, Ed Sirett wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 02:24:30 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Bertie Doe wrote:

the machine in safely, for obvious reasons. The most cost effective
method, is an extracor fan, with a built-in timer. Ours switches off
after 20 mins.

I would suggest the humidistat controlled fans are much better than
timed ones in this application. They only run when the humidity is above
your pre-set level and not every time you turn the light on.

A problem I have found with humidistat is that there is a big variation
between summer and winter in the background indoor humidity.

This means if wrongly set up they can run and run in summer.

Ours is AFAIK not adjustable but has never come on or gone off
unexpectedly. Don't ask me how, but it just works. The brand name is
Eclipse.

--
Mike Barnes