Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Harbor Freight multipurpose machine any good?

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 19:30:05 -0800 (PST), with neither quill nor
qualm, quickly quoth:

On Jan 26, 7:20*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
Guaranteed to make precision parts with 0.100" tolerances!

Awww...it can't be that bad. I just figured the Grizzly unit came
from the same factory in China and I could start making stuff for only
$500.

OK, maybe 0.020", then. snicker Spend a bit more and get discrete
machines. Combos always cause a lot more frustration, especially when
you need to make 2+ of something. [My knowledge of this comes from
combo woodworking machines (my buddy's ShopSmith), but I've heard the
horror stories here, too.]

--
Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.
Plan more than you can do, then do it.