Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default What REC said: was "lost electricity"

They were talking about the primary neutrals. Yes, the primary side CAN run with
just the ground. The current is relatively low and the voltage high.

John

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 01:20:54 -0600, wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:34:20 -0600, Steve IA
wrote:

Other answers:
The REC said they had many neutral lines down yet and they were
repairing them as the could, thus the 1 line vs. 2 line question.

How can you have power without a neutral?
Impossible !!!!!
You cant just rely on the ground rods.

That alone could make the electronics in your meter go whacky.

--
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com