Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Stealing satellite

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:12:11 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Mark Lloyd wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:02:11 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:
]
So, is that the same as going to a library, checking out a book, copying
it,
and returning the book. I mean, they have the book back, don't they?

But the author loses out on royalty if you bought the book.

"Losing" implies a CHANGE. Someone has something, and then does not.
Like I said before, what the **** is that publisher doing with YOUR
money when you haven't bought anything?

But you bought something. You bought the book. You just copied it. You
just stole the author's royalty, among other things. If you went to
library, read the book and returned it, then it wouldn't anything. But
you did something active which changed it from legal to illegal.

I notice you ignored much of what I said. Any reason for that?

Since you
took the time and effort to copy the book, you must want to keep a copy
and that is theft (okay technically copyright violation..)

And not at all "theft".

Now, if you bought the book, copied it, then returned it for a
refund...

Still copyright violation. Still taking money away from the author

Currently nonsense, since no one has explained how the author got YOUR
money in the first place.

since they don't get the royalty from returns. You are still ripping
someone off and playing all sorts of word games to soothe your own
conscious.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams