Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DT DT is offline

Default Harbor Freight multipurpose machine any good?

This is on sale at my local HF retail store for half the price of the
"comparable" Grizzly unit. Anyone think it's worth having?

They are pretty limited, and difficult to use what milling capabilities they do
have, but even these basic units have their fans. The closest Grizzly is far
from being twice as much, it's only another $200 and adds an adjustable height
milling head and threading/feeding capability, *considerable* improvements:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/g4015z

Check on the 3-in-1 forum for a more balanced viewpoint. There is lots of
discussion on the HF 5980, the previous version:

Personally I like a bigger 3-in-1, I have had a Shoptask for 7 years and love
it.

--
Dennis