Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] anyoneanywhere@gmail.com is offline

Default Bathroom heater pull cord

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:33:25 GMT, geoff wrote:

In message
,
robgraham writes
On 25 Jan, 17:18, Lino expert wrote:
A friend has a bathroom heater on which the cord won't stay "pulled",
in other words, it will pull down but not click and be held in the
"on" position.
Electrician time, or is there anything that can be done oneself?
BTW, typically, it's just gone out of guarantee.

If it has just gone out of guarantee, you still have a claim against
the manufacturer on the basis that the equipment has not lasted it's
expected life and therefore is not fit for purpose. I would have
thought that such a heater has a ten year life and correspondingly you
should be able to reclaim 90% of it's value - or alternatively get a
replacement for 10% of its price.

If you're willing to take them to the small claims court

That's not necessary . Just quote the SOGA to them and explain that
such an item is expected to last a certain amount of time altho' in
this particular case we do not know how old the item is .I am sure in
the first place a polite letter or e-mail to Dimplex explaining the
situation will get a helpful reply