Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Would a humidity sensor and fan be a good idea when putting a new bathroom in?

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:10:55 -0800 (PST) someone who may be 405 TD
Estate wrote this:-

If you were fitting out your bathroom would you fit an extract fan
connected to a humidity sensor?

Possibly. There are a number of control strategies with two or three
speed fans. For example the humidity sensor or a pull cord operating
the fan at its highest speed. The fan manufacturers have a lot of
information for people to peruse.

Another possibility is to fit a whole house heat recovery system.

The bathroom has a large window.

There is much to be said for opening windows to let steam out.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh