Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Project in planning: End Table Design Candidate 1 of 3

EricY wrote:

Mark,

Thanks for sharing your drawing and your info on some of the CAD products
out there. A few months ago I read the article in FWW on Google sketchup.
I tried it out and was able to come up to speed pretty quickly with it.
Have you tried using it for your designs? You mentioned that you went to
Linux - not sure if they have a sketchup build that will run on that yet.

Sketchup is not available for linux at this time. I was also looking for
the drafting features as well (dimensioning, 2D drawing, etc.).

If you tried sketchup I'd be interested in a quick comparison of that and
Blender. I've been itching to get a Linux system back up and running at
home - this might be the excuse I need!

I spent only a little time playing with the blender drawing functions
since I was importing the VariCAD drawings (in .stl format) so I'm probably
not a good reference to evaluate that part of Blender.

thanks again for the info,

Eric