Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pierre-François Pierre-François is offline

Default Tektronix 2230 Power Up Failure

Oups! I'll power up mine these days to look at!
It has not been used since a while as I prefer to use the 2465b and keep the
2230 as spare...
If you find something in the battery area please let us know... I'll do the
same...

pf

"dodger741" a écrit dans le message de news:

IIRC,2230 had a lithium coin cell holder on the top digital board,or
a 123 lithium cell underneath the top digital board.(soldered to it)

Thanks for the quick response... Is the board you are referring to
the one that has the plastic hinges for tilting the board up. Do you
think the battery might be associated with the message I am getting as
I suggested?
Roger

yes,it's the only board on the top of the instrument.
I don't know about the error messages.It's very possible.
Those batteries only have a 10 yr shelf life.
The 2230 has been out of support longer than that.

--I disassembled the unit and looked on both sides of the board. Nothing
to be found that looks like a battery. There are two daughter boards
attached to the back but they look like some sort of high frequency
analog boards because of the metal shield. Strange to think that their
is a built in message that they don't mention in the manual! I may never
know.
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at