Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Tektronix 2230 Power Up Failure

dodger741 wrote in
:

IIRC,2230 had a lithium coin cell holder on the top digital board,or
a 123 lithium cell underneath the top digital board.(soldered to it)

Thanks for the quick response... Is the board you are referring to
the one that has the plastic hinges for tilting the board up. Do you
think the battery might be associated with the message I am getting as
I suggested?
Roger

yes,it's the only board on the top of the instrument.
I don't know about the error messages.It's very possible.
Those batteries only have a 10 yr shelf life.
The 2230 has been out of support longer than that.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik