Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Do old stoves have any $ value?

Crabshell wrote:

I have an old Kenmore electric stove c. 1940s, early 50s. The thing looks
cool and is built like a tank - white porcelain, double oven, griddle. It
works great, aside from one of the elements needing a rewiring. Is there a
market for an old stove like this? We're remodeling the kitchen and the
thing is too big and my wife wants a modern stove.

Thanks for any insights.

I'll bet there is.......we had the gas version of same stove. My folks'
Kenmore was replacement for old green/cream
gas range on tall legs. Heck, I'd like to have either one of them now!
The Kenmore had two ovens.....I think
the broiler was in one drawer below oven, and other drawer was for
storage? Five burners, one in center
was with griddle. I think the Kenmore came just after the Philco fridge
that replaced our ice box. The Philco was
still in use about three years ago, with the door duct-taped to keep it
closed )

People are going crazy for fifties' crap - can anyone remember
chartreuse "frisbee" stuff? Ick!!!!!