Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Stealing satellite

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:20:45 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

As I said previously,they ALREADY are putting their satellite signal into
my home;It's paid for regardless whether I rent one of their decoder boxes.
My providing my own decoder does not increase their costs in any way.

It's no different than charging me for sunlight.

Of course it is. Sunlight is passive.

Maybe you noticed that receiving from satellite is the same, so
quietly switched to cable.

You can enjoy it by merely going
outside or even looking outside. But in order to get cable signals, you
have to do something active. You have to get special equipment, you have
to find away around the security systems (which alone should tell you
something).

But not that. "Security" can be excessive.

About the only way the two are remotely the same is if you
start getting cable signals through your braces.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams