Posted to alt.home.repair
k k is offline

Default Do old stoves have any $ value?

"Crabshell" wrote in message
I have an old Kenmore electric stove c. 1940s, early 50s. The thing looks
cool and is built like a tank - white porcelain, double oven, griddle. It
works great, aside from one of the elements needing a rewiring. Is there
market for an old stove like this? We're remodeling the kitchen and the
thing is too big and my wife wants a modern stove.

Thanks for any insights.

There is a market for most old things, and kitchen stoves are no exception.
A friend asked me to help find a home for a stove in a house he'd bought and
was remodeling. He got $700 for it, so not bad. Google on 'vintage stove'
and you'll find plenty of information, and an idea of what's valuable.
Here's one site I just found, but I got 132,000 hits. This place has a 1952
stove listed for over 5K.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

Keith