Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Floyd L. Davidson Floyd L. Davidson is offline

Default What REC said: was "lost electricity"

Neon John wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:54:22 -0900, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Neon John wrote:

Really? Then according to your expert theory, my restaurant ought to have burned
down long ago.

http://www.neon-john.com/images/Wiring_overload.jpg

Sure sonny. Now tell us just how much electricity that
mess actually used. Nothing there used up enough power
to cost more than 20 cents a month!

My, such charm and wit.

OK, well "Pop", let's go back to that Stefan-Boltzmann calculator and do a little
math.

The conduit between the meter base and that box is about 40 ft of 2" rigid conduit.

Learn to read and respond to the topic of discussion.

You are talking about a 40 foot run of cable. Nobody
else is.

The discussion was about what happens with a single
connection inside that junciton box. If it is a high
resistance sufficient to cause even a slight reduction
in the power available to other loads on the circuit, it
is going to get hot and either burn through and become
an open, or start a fire.

You've compared grapefruit and oranges, but we were
talking about apples.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)