Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default I had my furnace repaired & they charged me over $700--and the guy was only there a total of 40 minutes.

Boo hoo. I'm standing here in my living room and I'm freezing. The baby
can't drink his formula because it's frozen in the bottle. All the kids
look like the Michelin Man because they're wearing all the clothes they own.

I call the hvac guy. He comes right away. He fixes the problem.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Warmth.

Arghhhhhhhh. The bill is $700, and he was here forty minutes. Why should I
have to pay him to come right over, fix my calamitous situation, use a $300
circuit board and a couple of simple to install (though very expensive)
parts?

IT'S NOT FAIR!

Well, just tell him you won't pay, to go on the roof and pull the parts he
installed, and go back to frozen oatmeal.

Life IS made up of choices. You can choose to be cold if you want.

Sheesh.

Steve