Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Bowed interior door question

I have a 20 year old bedroom door that just took a bow, except it is the
reverse of yours, it rubs on the door stop when it is closed. I plan to add
a third hinge in the middle of the door to try to straighten it out a bit,
possibly it would work for you too. But you may still have to move the
striker to help it latch.

"Mike" wrote in message
One of the bedroom doors in my house is slightly bowed and the door
will not latch without giving it a good tug. When I close the door,
the top and the bottom of the door make contact with the door frame,
meanwhile the middle part of the door near the door knob is about 1/8"
out and not latched. I can give the door knob a pull and it will
latch and stay closed. The door itself is a run-of-the-mill 25 year
old hollow interior door. Short of replacing the door, does anyone
have any advice on making the door close and latch easier?

Thanks a lot....

Mike