Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Stealing satellite

"Sanity" wrote in
:

"Sam E" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:49:30 -0500, "Sanity"
wrote:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
" wrote in

om:

why does anyone think its OK to steal satellite tv?

when a company mails a product to your house unsolicited,you are
under no
obligation to pay for it,you can keep it and use it as you
wish,it's not "stealing".
Broadcast RF signals are beamed across the entire country.
They rent you the device to decode the signals that are already in
your home.If you provide your own receiver/decoder.....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You can justify anything you want to. Electricity is delivered to
your house. Why not just bypass the meter and use it. It's there,
isn't it? Theft of service is just that.You are stealing something
that doesn't belong to you and trying to justify it by saying it's
there for the taking.
Don't forget to teach your kids that theory. If this country needs
more of something it's thieves and unethical people.

IT IS NOT AT ALL THE SAME!! That use of electricity has a significant
effect on the provider (increasing the load on their equipment).
That's not at all comparable to reception of satellite signals,
having only a negligible effect on the source.

Satellite signals are beamed into my house regardless of whether I want
them or not.That's a huge difference compared to connecting to a utility
service.Those are only connnected when you request the service.

Try thinking before you repeat that garbage.

And, of course, I said NOTHING of anything being right or wrong, but
about defining something as "stealing" (don't you know other things
can be wrong?).

I am responsible for what I say. However, I can not be responsible
for others' demented imagination, including the serious misreading of
the above.

I guess with your warped thinking you could justify murder (getting
rid of scum to stop them from polluting).

Today I read about a police officer making a comment about "public service
homicide",about a gang member getting killed.

Of course,there's a difference between "murder" and killing.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik