Posted to alt.home.repair
SAm E SAm E is offline

Default Stealing satellite

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:49:30 -0500, "Sanity"
wrote:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
" wrote in
:

why does anyone think its OK to steal satellite tv?

when a company mails a product to your house unsolicited,you are under no
obligation to pay for it,you can keep it and use it as you wish,it's not
"stealing".
Broadcast RF signals are beamed across the entire country.
They rent you the device to decode the signals that are already in your
home.If you provide your own receiver/decoder.....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You can justify anything you want to. Electricity is delivered to your
house. Why not just bypass the meter and use it. It's there, isn't it?
Theft of service is just that.You are stealing something that doesn't
belong to you and trying to justify it by saying it's there for the taking.
Don't forget to teach your kids that theory. If this country needs more of
something it's thieves and unethical people.

IT IS NOT AT ALL THE SAME!! That use of electricity has a significant
effect on the provider (increasing the load on their equipment).
That's not at all comparable to reception of satellite signals, having
only a negligible effect on the source.

Try thinking before you repeat that garbage.

And, of course, I said NOTHING of anything being right or wrong, but
about defining something as "stealing" (don't you know other things
can be wrong?).

I am responsible for what I say. However, I can not be responsible for
others' demented imagination, including the serious misreading of the
above.