Tim May

Default Tim May, was it "luck" (was Gunner: I'm back)

In article , Gunner
wrote:

On 5 Jul 2004 16:17:36 GMT, Carl Nisarel
wrote:

Bjórrúnar skaltu Retief rista --

Tim was in the right place, at the right time, and with
some careful thought (to minimize, but never eliminate
luck), he was successful in his stocks.

It appears that you are jealous that you weren't as 'lucky'.

And yet another from Carl.

Luck is not the factor. Plenty of people--many tens of millions--have
savings, choose to obtain health insurance, and are not dependent on
the State for their wife's care, their son's care, and on not paying
all that they owe to hospitals, nurses, doctors, etc. who treat them.
They choose to buy health insurace and have savings ahead of buying the
extensive arsenal of high caliber weapons which CanopyCo. said he saw
recently at Gunner's workshop.

Of course, many tens of millions of Americans are quite a bit like
Gunner: no savings, choose not to buy health insurance, have wives and
children who watch t.v. and hang out in bars instead of working, and so
on.

The first category form the "basically prepared." Maybe not wealthy,
but basically prepared. Prepared for health setbacks, job losses, etc.

The second catgory form the "basically deadbeats." The famed "one
paycheck away from being homeless" people who spend what they earn as
soon as they get it, who buys rifles and handguns instead of
squirreling away money or buying insurance, who complain that "there
are no good jobs!" (because "Clinton exported them," or "Bush exported
them," depending on their slant).

More and more Americans, both left-wing welfare types and right-wing
blue collar types, and even some laid-off CEOs and executives (watch
CNN's Lou Dobbs for his New Protectionist commie crap), are drifting
into the second category, nattering about the need for "a social safety
net" (tax those who saved and bought insurance to pay for those who
didn't), protectionism (have men with guns tell us who we may buy
from), and "basic healthcare" (socialized medicine).

It's a far worse danger than what we face from the Iraqi and Afghan
freedom fighters who want their countries back from under the boot of
the Americans.

--Tim May