Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default Blowtorch

On Jan 25, 6:08 am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 06:32:21 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ivan
Vegvary" quickly quoth:

Again our news media (AP story) mentions that the Palestinians broke down
the barrier(s) to Egypt using a blowtorch (on the metal fences). Do they
really mean an oxy/acetylene cutting torch? Did the phrase blow torch ever
mean anything other than the little hand held jobbies that holds what we
used to call "white gas" and was used for heating metal objects?

Who knows what our braindead media meant? The massive corrugated
panels I saw the Palestinians stepping over appeared to be pushes
over, with no markings on the bottom from cutting torches that I could
make out. shrug

--
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
-- Mark Twain

Similar to the use of "tire iron" to hit someone with. When I show
someone a tire iron and a lug wrench, the seem to get it, but most of
the knuckle heads that are in the news media have never ever seen a
tire iron, let alone know how to use one.

Paul