Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default Technics SL QL1 radial linear tracking vinyl deck

N Cook wrote:
Perished "rubber" mat , the generic replacement one I replaced it with is
not working with the 3 IR ? LEDs for automatic monitoring of presence of a
record and its size. What is special about the proper Technics one that
differentiates between mat and vinyl. Or is there likely to be an adjustment
under the deck?, the ,new to it mat, looks decidely matt to me, compared to
glossy vinyl.

Doesn't the old mat have several holes coresponding to the size of the
record, and photocels beneath the platter?

Ron(UK)