Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bruce Barnett[_32_] Bruce Barnett[_32_] is offline

Default Cleaning bandsaw blades & rubber tires

Gerald Ross writes:

The instructions that came with my blades says use PAM on them.

I bought a lubrication compound called Lube Tube from Iturra. It's
made by Lenox. It's in a jumbo chapstick-like container - about 10
inchs in length. It's designed to be used with bandsaws. Just hold it
against the blade for a few seconds, and then apply to the other side.

I tried this on a metal-cutting bandsaw, and it makes a remarkable
difference in cutting ease.

http://www.lenoxsaw.com/lubetube.htm

I'm not sure about it's impact on gunk
build-up. I used a blade made for cutting green wood:

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/i...OD&ProdID=6944

The wheel brush I was talking about is here for $7.99

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/i...OD&ProdID=6712