Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.rural,alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default What REC said: was "lost electricity"

Stormin Mormon wrote:
He's not talking resistance -- he's talking about a short circuit.

I don't think so.

"I called in an electrician, and he was able to open things up. The
aluminum wire between the meter and the breaker box had been heated to
a point that it had begun to seriously corrode and add resistance of
its own, and had _almost_ burned away enough insulation between the
wires to create a direct short."

Please be
sure of your terms before you call someone else names, and insult them.

I've known of houses with broken down insulation in the lead in wire,
creating a high energy bill. So, it's a real condition.