Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Small Part Storage Cabinet/Shelves

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

One of my upcoming projects is to consolidate LOTS of small parts
(both mechanical and electrical) using these types of containers.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/.../%20ORGANIZERS

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/.../%20ORGANIZERS

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/.../%20ORGANIZERS

I am planning on having dozens maybe hundreds of these containers.

The next step is to construct cabinets or shelves to store these
containers.

What suggestions do you have for storing these containers?

Thanks

TMT

The metro shelving clone rolling rack with poly parts bins that you can
find at Sam's for about $99 is really quite good. A number of the
smaller of that type of container can stack in a bin. I have bins with
various packages of nuts, bolts, screws, bins with electrical fittings,
bins with plumbing fittings, bins with cable ties, bins with tape, etc.

Handy to be able to roll the whole thing over to where you are working
too and it helps keep things from getting scattered and not put back
after use. Since it's not that deep, you can also roll one in front of
another to conserve space.