Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Flueless Gas Fires

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 23:53:58 +0000, The Simpsons wrote:

Friend of mine has bought a flueless gas fire from B&Q. His corgi fitter
however says he would be reluctant to install it, even if all the critera
for room size, ventilation and use etc is satisfied.
Are there any corgi people here? If so what's your opinion of these fires.
Thanks Fred

Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, mainly because when I did my training
we didn't do anything about them, and one article in Gas Installer and the
Manufacturer's instructions don't give me sufficient confidence in my my
competence to install one safely that I'd risk a customer's neck and my
profession on it when there's plenty other work to do.

--
John Stumbles

My karma ran over my dogma