Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Trouble finding a warranty for my selfbuild extension!

wrote:
The only documents that you will have to supply on any sale is a
copy of the planning permission and a building regulation completion
certificate. It is not a legal requirement to have any structural
warranty for an extension.

Cheers, Geoff

Thanks Geoff. That seems to tally with replies I'm getting on other
forums. I do wonder though if the buyers will have any difficulty in
getting buildings insurance, and hence pull out of the sale, if I
don't have some sort of building warranty.

You just insure the house - the extension is a part of the house - you don't
need to insure it seperately, whatever made you think you did?