Ken Davey

Default Barren ground: (was Gunner's medical bills)

"Lawrence Glickman" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:53:53 GMT, "Jeff Lowe"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:42:11 GMT, yourname wrote:
Looks like the Abortion Holocaust is nearly keeping up with the
Germans during their best years...
Number of Abortions Performed in the United States
(AGI) (CDC)
1973 744,600 615,831
1974 898,600 763,476
1975 1,034,200 854,853
1976 1,179,300 988,267
1977 1,316,700 1,079,430
1978 1,409,600 1,157,776
1979 1,497,700 1,251,921
1980 1,553,900 1,297,606
1981 1,577,300 1,300,760
1982 1,573,900 1,303,980
1983 1,575,000 1,268,987
1984 1,577,200 1,333,521
1985 1,588,600 1,328,570
1986 1,574,000 1,328,112
1987 1,559,100 1,353,671
1988 1,590,800 1,371,285
1989 1,566,900 1,396,658
1990 1,608,600 1,429,577
1991 1,556,500 1,388,937
1992 1,528,900 1.359,145
1993 1,500,000 1,330,414
1994 1,431,000 1,267,415
1995 1,363,690 1,210,883
1996 1,365,730 1,221,585
1997 1,365,730 (NRLC estimate)
1998 1,365,730 (NRLC estimate.)
1999 1,365,730 (CIRTL estimate.)
40 MILLION ABORTIONS SINCE 1973
4,000 each day

I know it goes against a good **** stir and does not support the moral
outrage of the Reactionary Right or the christian fundamentalists that
have hijacked the mantle of conservatism, but with the bare minimal of
effort (first google hit in [abortion rates])one can see that abortion

rates
are going down: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0764203.html
Never let mere facts get in the way of a good rant.

Should abortion be discouraged? Yes, of course it should, but to ban it
would be to impose a very narrow interpretation of just one religion on
the whole population. Kind of seems like "Establishing" to me.
Jeff

Don't you have a Mind that is capable of operating outside established
ideological dogma? Can't you make an ethical / moral decision without
consulting a bible?

This is the kind of mentality that scares the crap out of me. People
incapable of independent thinking. Oh you can get from point A to
point B if you follow somebody else's roadmap. But how about trying
to be a man, and get there on your -own-.

Lg

Well said!
Unfortunately this kind of reasoned statement/suggestion falls on barren
ground. It cannot be understood by the very people that need to understand
it.

A very interesting exercise;
The next time one of the 'representatives' of (insert the religious
organization de-jour) knocks on your door invite him to expound on his/her
ideas - *but* - forbid any book reference (bible, koran or whatever - this
includes quoting the 'profits' unless said quote was obtained first-hand ).
Any such reference will be cause for ending the session.
I guarantee the interview will be over in seconds!
Regards.
Ken.