Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.energy.homepower
Elmo[_5_] Elmo[_5_] is offline

Default Lost Electricity -2

Mike wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:06:34 -0800, (Charles
Bishop) wrote:

I'll try again to explain. If I want my house at 70, I might sent the
t-stat to 80. The furnace comes on, then cycles off as the air near the
t-stat is 80. As the heat in the air warms the rest of the stuff, its temp
drops, and the furnace cyles on. Once the system has done this a few time,
I reset the t-stat to 70.

How quaint. You're obviously American.

The rest of the planet understands thermostats.

Methinks you exaggerate. I've seen places in other countries where
the people live in unheated buildings. I'm reasonably certain some
of them don't understand thermostats.

--
He's so slick that he can't keep his socks up.