Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Drilling hole down a curtain pole

"Ian Chard" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm about to put up a curtain pole, but the size I wanted wasn't
available, and the one I have is quite a bit too long. It has
pre-drilled holes down either end into which the finials screw.

The instructions say to cut it square and re-drill the hole. How do I
go about drilling into the pole making sure the hole is parallel? I
don't have a lathe

Thanks
- Ian

--
Ian Chard, Senior Unix and Network Gorilla | E:
Systems and Electronic Resources Service | T: 80587 / (01865) 280587

As I have a range of these its probably not viable option to you?

I had the same scenario when I bought curtain poles,they had to be cut and
needed the finals rescrewing so...

I got a scarret cutter from my tools that slotted over the near enough
thickness of the pole,inserted a drill bit shorter than the scarret cutter
so that it did not protrude outside the scarret cutters body.
Slipped the scarret cutter over the pole and then carefully started to drill
the hole,the scarret cutter acted as a guide over the pole to keep the drill
from wandering off center.