Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Drilling hole down a curtain pole

On Jan 24, 10:33*am, Ian Chard wrote:
Hi,

I'm about to put up a curtain pole, but the size I wanted wasn't
available, and the one I have is quite a bit too long. *It has
pre-drilled holes down either end into which the finials screw.

The instructions say to cut it square and re-drill the hole. *How do I
go about drilling into the pole making sure the hole is parallel? *I
don't have a lathe

Thanks
- Ian

This is quite easy if you've a friend to help.
Clamp the pole horizontal ant postion your drill so that you're
looking down onto it. You can now get it in line in the horizontal
plane.
Now get someone else to sight it up from the side. They can position
the drill in the vertical plane.
Then drill the hole.

John

ps, I'm near Abingdon. pm me if you need help.