Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Wood pellet stoves

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:03:57 -0000, Doki wrote:

A secure supply of reasonably cheap pellets is essential,

If you can collect your own it may be worth getting in touch with
conservation organisations / contractors. None will be allowed to leave
chippings on site (whole point of scrub clearance is to avoid nutrient
enrichment) and few are allowed to burn on site due to soil damage and
the risk of fire spreading.

We are talking wood pellets not chippings from forestry work.

http://www.nef.org.uk/logpile/pellets/about.htm

All the scrub clearance I've seen round here recently (roadside) has left
behind piles of chippings and the odd little pile of logs that won't go
through the chipper. One day I might stop and do some tidying up of my
own...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail