Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default eggs benedict???? was Just for fun, an afternoon with thekid

cshenk wrote:

"Nate Nagel" wrote

Norminn wrote:

In 6th grade, we had a class called "Home Mechanics". Separate classes
for boys and girls (thank God), but
we did the same things: sewed an apron, wired a lamp, made a plexiglass
key chain thingy with initials on it,
cooked spaghetti, cooked Eggs Benedict. The boys made great spaghetti

Cool! Charlotte's taking 'home ec' next year. We arent sure hat they will
teach this time, but it should be good no matter what.

Damn, I wish I'd had that class in HS. I can fix a car and I can fake
sewing competently and I can even do basic carpentry fairly well, but I'll
be damned if I can make anything resembling an edible Hollandaise. This is
a serious failing for me as a) I love Eggs Benedict and b) I can generally
whip together a kick-ass breakfast of pretty much any other egg, meat, and
potato based type.

Grin, seen many a guy move out who'd never cooked before. Sad really, but
there are also lots who can and did as a kid.

My hubby can take any two cans from the cupboard and make a meal of it.
Doesn't matter what they are )
Makes great venison and pheasant ........yum!