Gunner

Default New Chinese mill vs old high quality mill

On 4 Jul 2004 15:17:37 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Ebay was the first hard evidence that the economy was finally turning
as I watched the prices of DV-59s start to rise again.

But probably most of those were being sold
for omni-turn conversions, right?

Jim

Actually no, they are not. They are being put back into service in
the many small (often minority owned) machine shops that are starting
to spring up again.

I suspect the time of cheap machines is about over for a while. Cheap
great! machines that is.

Btw..a Harding Chucker (HC), DSMA, and AHC are probably the best for
putting Omniturns on. A very nice rigid retrofit capable of marvelous
work.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell