Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

Default Digital TV

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:19:31 +0000 (UTC), G Morgan wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:33:48 -0600, Frank wrote:
Just bought a cheap 20" Tube TV for our Kitchen. This unit has a digital
tuner built in. We have cable . My question is since the cable box converts
the digital signal to analog am I missing some picture quality? Most likely
connecting the cable directly would not allow me to receive premium
channels. Any one else out there solved the same problem---if there is
one---. comcast has only one cable box.

A cheap 20" tube tv won't have a digital tuner no matter how they hype it.
They're probably pleased that it has a digital readout.

Sure it will, all TV's sold now are going to have a digital tuner
because in Feb 09 the analog signal goes bye-bye.

A ****ty tube TV wasn't designed looking a whole year ahead. It was slapped
together with the cheapest components available *now*.

Did they also call it a "flat screen"? :-)

If the CRT is flat and not convex they can call it "flat screen"
because it is.

They call it a "flat screen" to fool people into buying it thinking
it is a flat panel TV like an LCD screen. "Flat Screen" was never
marketing hype before flat panels were on the market.