Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dlstark@gmail.com is offline

Default cheaper to use oil-filled heater and keep thermostat at 62?

Truth About the cost of using a typical Electric Oil Filled space
heater. I keep a vigilant watch over my eating/cooling expenses. Last
Year I paid $351.40 for 4306 kWh. This works out to $0.08 per kWh
making a 1500 w (1.5 kW) oil heater cost $0.12 per hour to operate. I
have a Fuel Oil Furnace that has a 0.65 gallon/hour nozzle. That is, I
use .65 gallons of fuel oil every hour the furnace runs. At say ~$3.35
a gallon for fuel oil that makes my furnace cost $2.18 per hour to
operate and and my Oil Filled Electric Heaters are only $0.12 (each)
per hour to operate. Now you can think about what you should do and
not listen to people who can't do or don't understand simple math.